- To help students acquire knowledge of theory and principles of nursing and allied subjects in the delivery of comprehensive nursing practice.
- To provide quality care to clients at various settings such as hospital, community and other health care agencies based on problem solving approach and evidence based care.
- To promote overall development of nursing students with special emphasis on cultural, intellectual, psychosocial and spiritual aspects.
- To help students to practice ethical values in their personal and professional life.
- To prepare students to assume leadership positions in nursing service, education and administration with high level of professional knowledge and competency.
Short term objectives
- To initiate student centered learning
- To initiate career advancement training programs for nurses
- To develop online feedback mechanisms- by the year 2014
- To set up MIS in all processes involved in teaching learning
- To set up modern simulation labs for skill training
- To develop online learning resources (textbooks/AV aids, modules, videos)
- To train teachers in mentoring students
Long term objectives
- To start collaborative programs with premier institutions
- To start interdisciplinary courses
- To start the management training program for clinical nurses.
- To start student /faculty exchange program